Create Attention-Grabbing Resumes
Resume screeners often deal with large volumes and spend 6-10 seconds eliminating candidates. It’s imperative that your resume stands out. When you join MyOptimalCareer, you can use our award-winning Resume Builder to create attention-grabbing resumes for your specific industry or career field. Edit premium, web-based resume samples created by our resume-writing experts to make sure your resume gets noticed.
1. Showcase your success. Administrative and office personnel often have an enormous influence over how well a company runs. It is often the office staff that will implement new PC software, upgrade an outdated business process, introduce streamlined data collection and reporting systems and so much more. In turn, these can contribute to measurable gains in performance, productivity, efficiency and quality of operations, so be certain to showcase the projects you’ve spearheaded, supported and/or participated in.
2. Highlight your relationships. Many administrative and office personnel work closely with and support C-level and other senior executives, top-level managers and others critical to the leadership of an organization. In addition, those same administrative personnel might also work closely with key customers, lawyers, bankers, regulatory agency personnel, government personnel and others.
3. Stress your communication skills. Communicating well is one of the most desirable qualities for all administrative and office personnel. Be certain to include information that will demonstrate the strength of both your oral and written communication skills, and how you’ve successfully leveraged those skills in the workplace.
4. Use your resume to demonstrate your word processing and desktop publishing skills. There’s no better way to demonstrate how well you can design and produce a typed page than with your resume. Your resume is indicative of the quality of documents that you will produce on behalf of your next employer, so make sure it looks perfect, reads magnificently and is 100% error-free.
5. Integrate the “right” keywords so your resume will get selected during a keyword search. A few of the hundreds and hundreds of office and administrative support keywords and keyword phrases that you might use (if appropriate to your experience and education) include: